Sunday, July 12, 2015

The Son of Big Papa

The Son of Big Papa, an Eight Ball Squash
Oh, dear Big Papa, you are a strong and prolific plant, providing us with an impressive offspring to eat, very early in the season. We give you thanks and admiration for feeding us so well, and we promise to take care of you for the rest of the season. Since, you are an heirloom breed, your seeds will be saved and cherished, too! Sincerely. thank you Big Papa for giving us this fine squash to feast on- my belly sure thanks you!

This shape of squash did not fit well in the spiralizer machine I bought, so I sliced it, drizzled it with olive oil, and breaded it with Panko bread crumbs and Italian seasonings. Then, I fried it til crisp in a skillet, and  I served this with a hearty portion of parmesan cheese, marinara sauce, and a crusty baguette. YUM!

We will have more squashes of this type to harvest this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment