Saturday, April 18, 2015

Farmer Wanna Be

My Community Garden Plot

Yesterday I got a much anticipated phone call from the Lansing, MI Landbank, an organization to help foster urban revitalization that rents vacant lots to community gardeners; I learned that, finally, my rented plot had been tilled and was ready to plant. Last year, I planted a vegetable garden in my back yard, but it was too shady to produce much. This year, I will have plenty of space and sun. I have tomato and pepper seedlings started indoors, and I also plan to plant corn, potatoes, onions, and plenty of catnip for my felines. My goals are to grow enough food to feed provide for my sister and I during the harvest season and donate some to the local food program. I also want to grow herbs for soap making and learn to can salsa and pickled foods.

For updates on my garden and crafts, follow me on Twitter:
@TundraAndTaiga
https://twitter.com/TundraAndTaiga

My pinterest ID is TundraAndTaiga
https://www.pinterest.com/lazybone1/

No comments:

Post a Comment