Saturday, April 25, 2015

Kale, Dill, and Lettuce

Lettuce In Pot
Kale and Dill Seeds
 This morning, I planted the rest of my spring herbs and vegetables. I planted Dwarf Blue Scotch Kale Seeds, Fernleaf Dill, and Green Leaf Lettuce. The lettuce had been started indoors about 3 weeks ago. I put that in a container and the kale and dill are in the rectangular area marked with white twine. In the bottom picture, there is a pile of wood chips. I am using some of the wood chips and some salvaged lumber to do some landscaping; however, the land bank is going to remove the unused wood chips on May. 1st so that I can put bales of straw for mulch there. The wood chips are left over from tree work and stump removal done earlier this spring on the lot, so that I would have more sun for growing tomatoes and peppers. Last year, corn and rye was grown on this plot. I am going to plant some corn; however, the land bank organization asked me to limit it, because the corn grown here last year attracted too many deer and they had complaints. I plan to plant 1 row of sweet corn.
Garden Plot Facing East
Wood Chips



No comments:

Post a Comment