Saturday, May 9, 2015

Beadsmith 1 -Step Looper Review: A New Jewelry Making Tool

One Step Looper Tool
I got my 1-Step Looper at Michael's craft store about 6 months ago for around 30 dollars, although, you can buy one on Amazon for 21.99 here: http://www.amazon.com/Beadsmith-1-Step-Looper-Pliers-Create/dp/B00BOZ79UO/ref=cm_cr_pr_pdt_img_top?ie=UTF8

This tool has 4.5 star rating for over 300 reviews. Personally, I love the tool and would recommend it; however, I would only give it a 4 star review for the following reasons. When I took it out of the packaging, there were no instructions, although, I did visit a website listed on the back of the box for tips and project ideas. I ended up figuring out the basics in about 10 minutes, but my loops weren't coming out right. I practiced and practices, and still, after about 50 loops, they were lopsided, crooked, or cut too short. Finally, I went to you tube and watched a short video. In the video, she suggests to pull back on your bead while squeezing. Now, this, made all the difference in the world and I was shortly making nearly uniform loops! If you buys this tool, watch the video. It is only 2 minutes long. The video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUAG8JBltEE

The other thing that is mildly irritating about the product is that the finished loops are not closed enough. I have to go back and finish the loop with a pliers, a minor annoyance, since the finished loops look professional and uniform. Aside from a few minor hiccoughs with use, I am glad I purchased the looper and I would buy it again.
Earrings I Made Using The Looper Tool; They Are For Sale Here https://www.etsy.com/listing/232703277/green-swarovski-crystal-chandelier?ref=shop_home_active_2

No comments:

Post a Comment