Friday, May 1, 2015

New Flowers And Plants

Plants
Last week, I signed up for the email newsletter from The Garden Resource center at Foster Park in Lansing, MI. This week, my flyer informed me they had free donated cool weather seedlings. I went on Thursday night and got to choose 6 red cabbage, broccoli, or kale plants. I all ready planed quite a bit of kale from seed, so I got 4 broccoli, 1 cabbage, and 1 kale. They also had donated perennial flowers for free- that was a treat!

 Here are my cool weather crops in the ground. I also planted about 20 yellow onions that are not pictured, and I checked the rest of my crops and watered them. I saw one potato plant peeking up!


These are my perennial flowers planted, They were donated to the Garden Project Center by a nice home gardener. They also have annual and perennial seeds available for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment