Thursday, May 7, 2015

Krissy Likes It! Catnip Iced Tea

Krissy Paws The Fresh Catnip Tea
 Whew, today was a busy day down at "Las Vegan Ranch", my community garden plot. My sister and I did a lot of planting, raking, hoeing, and watering. We planted tomatoes, peppers, melons, beans, corn, squash, and more. I am worried it is a little early; however, we have no frost in the forecast for the next 10 days and if it turns cold, I can cover the seedlings with plastic. The big success of the day, though, was my organic catnip iced green tea. I harvested some fresh catnip from the plot and tied it in a bundle with twine, washed it, put the herbs in a pitcher with 4 green tea bags and a pinch of sweetener, then filled it up with hot water from the tap and put it in the refrigerator to steep while it cooled. I served it in a mason jar over ice. Our cat, Krissy, went absolutely crazy for the fresh catnip!
Tomato Cages On Left

2 comments: